Soroptimists are business and professional women who work to maintain high ethical standards in their business and professional life and who use their talents and energy in the service of their local and global communities.
Soroptimists form a global network of women who have accepted the challenge to advance human rights and the status of women through Awareness, Advocacy and Action.Membership offers the opportunity to:
- Combine with others to give service
- Enhance your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Develop leadership skills
- Forge professional networks locally and internationally
- Become better informed and make a difference, on important issues
- Receive support from the group in times of personal need
- Travel nationally and internationally, meeting members at conferences and seminars
- Enhance your curriculum vitae
- Have fun!!
- attend meetings of any Club in the world;
- meet women from many different backgrounds, all using their skills for others;
- participate in meetings and conferences in many parts of the world;
- participate in on-line chat and discussions;
- hold leadership positions at any level of the organisation.
A major benefit of Soroptimist membership is the opportunity to attend meetings of Soroptimist clubs throughout the world. Each Federation maintains a directory containing information about club meeting times and contacts. The Soroptimist Residential Club in central London offers residential accommodation to visiting Soroptimists and friends. An international register of members willing to offer accommodation to visiting Soroptimists (and family) is maintained through the OPEN HEART - OPEN DOOR programme. As part of the International Goodwill and Understanding Programme, many Regions regularly offer Friendship Grants to Soroptimists (and partners). Soroptimists offered such grants are responsible for their own airfares, but are hosted by Soroptimists during their stay.